Click http://www.alabamapioneers.com/honor-your-ancestor-on-alabama-pioneers-for-the-bicentennial/ to see how to honor your ancestor as a Notable Alabama Pioneer
BIOGRAPHY and GENEALOGY
SHELBY COUNTY, ALABAMA
After ten years of marriage and with a houseful of children, Benjamin, and his wife, Hannah migrated from Tennessee to Alabama. They arrived in Alabama around 1814, five years before Alabama became a state. Benjamin followed his brother Jesse Wilson and found land for his family five miles north of his brother’s, near the location of the present day Ebenezer Methodist Church. Hannah’s brother, Henry Harless, Jr. soon joined the community.
Hannah died February 17, 1833, and was laid to rest in a burying set aside by her brother, later named Harless Cemetery. Her headstone is still legible. Benjamin Wilson lived another 19 years. He died Nov. 24, 1852.
Benjamin and Hannah had the following children:
- Mary Wilson born March 27, 1802, TN-died May 12, 1843, Arkansas.
- Henry Harless Wilson born April 4, 1803, TN- died Sep 6, 1841, Shelby County, AL
- Jesse Wilson born March 3, 1804, TN – died Sep. 2, 1852, Hempstead, Arkansas
- Susannah Charlotte Wilson born Sep 1, 1805 TN – died 1850 Shelby County, AL. She married Elisha West (1805-1844) in Shelby County, Alabama.
- Thomas Frost Wilson born April 14, 1807, TN – died July 17, 1871, Shelby County, AL
- James Hancock Wilson born Nov. 10, 1808, Madison Co. AL – died Nov. 27, 1892 Shelby Co. AL married Agnes W. Farley.
- Benjamin G. Wilson born Dec. 25, 1809, Madison Co., AL – died Jun 14, 1887, Shelby County, Alabama
- John Baker Wilson born April 27, 1811, Madison Co., AL- died 1881, Shelby County, AL married Mrs. Watrous
- George M. Wilson born Oct. 16, 1812, Madison Co., AL- died Aug. 9, 1854, Shelby County, Alabama
- Nancy Hannah Wilson born Oct. 21, 1814, Madison Co., AL – died Oct 14, 1873
- Lucretia Griffith Wilson born Jan 4, 1816, Shelby Co., AL – died Oct. 9, 1866, Montevallo, Shelby Co., AL
- Margaret P. Wilson born Dec. 30, 1817, Shelby County, AL – died 1870 Bibb County, AL married William W. Bishop (1820-aft. 1860)
- Jehu Lawler born March 14, 1819, Shelby County, AL –
- Elizabeth Jane Wilson born Feb. 12, 1824, Shelby Co., AL -died Sep 26, 1842, Shelby Co., AL
- Sarah Ann Wilson born Jan 11, 1828, Shelby Co. AL – died Dec. 1864
- Martha Wilson born Oct 3, 1816, Shelby Co. AL – died Mary 3, 1836 Shelby County, Alabama
- Findagrave.com # 35463025
- Harless Cemetery
- Alabama Notes Vol I Flora England
- History of Northern Alabama.
Shelby County Alabama Pioneers Volume I – includes the Wilson family
Start researching your family genealogy research in minutes. This Ebook has simple instructions on where to start. Download WHERE DO I START? Hints and Tips for Beginning Genealogists with On-line resourcesto your computer immediately with a FREE APP below and begin your research today!