Click http://www.alabamapioneers.com/honor-your-ancestor-on-alab…/to see how to honor your ancestor as a Notable Alabama Pioneer
BIOGRAPHY and GENEALOGY
(1833 – 1870)
Madison County, Alabama
Theodore Ackland was a pioneer lawyer in Alabama. He was born September 19, 1833, at Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama and died November 18, 1870. at Huntsville, Alabama. He was the son of William and Louisa (King) Acklen and the grandson of Samuel and Elizabeth (Hunt) Acklen. and of Edmund King; great-grandson of Capt John Hunt, founder of Huntsville, Alabama.
He received his early education at Huntsville and was graduated from the law school of the University of Alabama, after which he practiced law in Huntsville. He continued his practice in that city until his death.
He was a private in the C. S. Army; was a Democrat and a Presbyterian.
Theodore married: at Summerville in Morgan county. July 21. 1856, Harriet Morton Gooch. daughter of Allen and Elizabeth (Morton) Gooch of Murfreesboro. Tenn. She died December. 1913.
Their children were:
- Louisa King Ackland m. J. D. Raglan. Huntsville;
- Kate Ackland m. C. H. Halsey, Huntsville;
- Theo, Ackland m. J. W. Tyler, Huntsville.
Theodore’s last residence was Huntsville, Alabama. He is buried in Maple Hill Cemetery, Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama.
- History of Alabama and dictionary of Alabama biography, Volume 3 By Thomas McAdory Owen, Marie Bankhead Owen
- Find A Grave Memorial# 10968596 # 10968599 # 10968595 # 8758352