Some epitaphs provide warnings to readers:
- Fear God
Keep the Commandments,
- Do not attempt to climb a tree,
- For that’s what caused the death of me
There is uncertainty as to meaning of the following inscription placed over the grave of a lady in Tennessee:
She lived a life of virtue, and died of cholera morbus caused by eating green fruit in the hope of a blessed immortality, at the early age of 21 years, 7 months and 16 days. Reader, Go thou and do likewise.
ALABAMA FOOTPRINTS Confrontation: Lost & Forgotten Stories
is a collection of lost and forgotten stories that reveals why and how the confrontation between the Native American population and settlers developed into the Creek-Indian War as well as stories of the bravery and heroism of participants from both sides.
Some stores include:
- Tecumseh Causes Earthquake
- Terrified Settlers Abandon Farms
- Survivor Stories From Fort Mims Massacre
- Hillabee Massacre
- Threat of Starvation Men Turn To Mutiny
- Red Eagle After The War