These are excerpts of actual correspondence received by the Family History Department of the LDS Church in Utah. So funny!
- Our 2nd great-grandfather was found dead crossing the plains in the library.
- He and his daughter are listed as not being born.
- I would like to find out if I have any living relatives or dead relatives or ancestors in my family.
- Will you send me a list of all the Dripps in your library?
- My Grandfather died at the age of 3.
- We are sending you 5 children in a separate envelope.
- Documentation: Family Bible in possession of Aunt Merle until the tornado hit Topeka, Kansas. Now only the Good Lord knows where it is.
- The wife of #22 could not be found. Somebody suggested that she might have been stillborn–what do you think?
- I am mailing you my aunt and uncle and 3 of their children.
- Enclosed please find my Grandmother. I have worked on her for 30 years without success. Now see what you can do!
ALABAMA PIONEERS Transcribed Wills and Abstracts of Wills Book I (Alabama Pioneer Transcribed Wills & Abstracts of Wills 1) by Donna R. Causey