HIS LONG WAIT
“Grandpa, how old are you?”
“I am eighty-seven years old, my little dear.”
“Then you were born eighty years before I was?”
“Yes, my little girl.’
“What a long time you had alone waiting for me!”
Customer – You charged me $14 for this one garment? I think that’s pretty high.
Tailor – Well, the bill, as I made it out at first, was for $13, but that is such an unlucky number I thought you’d rather pay a dollar more. (Chicago Tribune)
KINDNESS BROUGHT TEARS
Mother – Oh, you cruel boy! You are making your brother cry.
Algernon- No mummy; I’m not. I’m only sharing my cod liver oil with him, wat you said was so nice. (Washington Star)
Upcoming countdown sales
- On July 11, 2020, ALABAMA GENEALOGY NOTES: Volume 1 will be placed on sale for 99 cents countdown sale. The price of this Ebook will increase 5 times over 7 days until it returns to the original list price on the 7th day July 18, 2020)
- On July 17, 2020, Compiled records of BIBB COUNTY, ALABAMA PIONEERS VOLUME I will be placed on sale for 99 cents countdown sale. The price of this Ebook will increase 5 times over the next few days until it returns to the original list price om July 23, 2020)
- On July 23, 2020 Discordance: The Cottinghams (Volume 1) will be placed on sale for 99 cents countdown sale. The price of this Ebook will increase 5 times over the next few days until it returns to the original list price om July 30, 2020)
Watch for more books on sale in coming days!
- More Ebooks will be placed in countdown sales in the coming weeks. All Ebooks will increase 5 times over 7 days until returning to the original list price seven days later.
- This pattern will continue until all 100 Ebooks have been placed in a countdown sale.
- The names of the Ebooks currently on sale will be announced each week in advance of its sale in this UPDATED POST on www.alabamapioneers.com BLOG, in the free daily newsletter, and through Alabama Pioneers social media prior to the sale date so check back frequently.
- Sales are only available at Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk marketplaces.
Table of Contents
- CORDOVA HAPPENINGS, Walker County, Alabama 1920
- April 5, 1878 — School, Sheriff’s sale and tragic accident in the news in Ashville, Alabama
- AUBERRY NOTES from PERRY COUNTY, ALABAMA
- Transcribed from Huntsville Republican, August 5, 1817
- Blount County News-Dispatch, Blountsville, Alabama, March 19, 1879
- BRANDED SLAVE IN SUMTER COUNTY, ALABAMA, 1836
- CIVIL WAR SOLDIERS BURIED IN RANDOLPH COUNTY, ALABAMA
See larger image