- To sharpen scissors in an emergency, cut aluminum foil several times.
- Talcum Powder can be used for hem markers.
- Slivers of soap can be used for marking hems on washable fabrics
- Silk thread is the best type to use in sewing wool.
- After lowering the hem on a wool garment, sponge the old hemline with vinegar before pressing to remove the telltale crease.
Vinegar of the Four Thieves -many people swear by this potent natural remedy for many illnesses – Would you like to know Thomas Jefferson’s recipe for Vinegar of the Four Thieves or how to make Ox Tail Soup? Discover this recipe as well as many household tips from the past in Vinegar of the Four Thieves: Recipes & Curious Tips from the Past
See larger image