The spirit is willing but the creek was cold
I remember a few years ago me and my 2 boys(Justin and Jake) were baptized in Roupes creek down below the old Tannehill ironworks. Jake(6 years old at the time) asked if he could get baptized, I told him he could if he had asked Jesus into his heart.
It was a hot July day as the preacher led us out into the water…I never will forget when he immersed me and I came up…The preacher thought I was shouting but it wasn’t a move of the spirit but that the water was ice cold.
ALABAMA FOOTPRINTS – Settlement: Lost & Forgotten Stories (Volume 2) – is a collection of lost and forgotten stories of the first surveyors, traders, and early settlements of what would become the future state of Alabama.
- A Russian princess settling in early Alabama
- How the early setters traveled to Alabama and the risks they took
- A ruse that saved immigrants lives while traveling through Native American Territory
- Alliances formed with the Native Americans
- How an independent republic, separate from the United States was almost formed in Alabama
See larger image