JOHN HARRIS RENO/RENEAU
BIOGRAPHY and GENEALOGY
Lawrence County, Alabama
John Harris Reno was born December 2, 1864, to Rev. William Lewis Reno and Catherine Butler. He married Malinda Rodgers (b. Oct. 12, 1767- d.1847) in Alabama.
Children of John Reno and Malinda Rogers are:
- Mary Reneau, b. Abt. 1786
- William B. Reneau, b. November 17, 1788, Overton Co., TN; d. February 10, 1852, Moulton, Lawrence Co., AL; buried Reneau cemetery at Wren, AL..
- James Butler Reneau, b. November 20, 1793, Alabama; d. October 1849, St. Francis Co., Arkansas.
- Margaret Reneau, b. Bef. 1799.
- Sarah Reneau, b. Bef. 1799; m. Joshua Butcher, October 1804, Cumberland Co., KY John L. Reno, b. 1799, Tennessee; d. Aft. 1880, lived in Andrew Co., MO.
- Catherine Reneau, b. 1800, Kentucky. Robert R. Reneau, b. 1802, Tennessee; d. Aft. 1850, living in Lawrence Co., AL. died November 13, 1847 in Lawrence Co., AL.
In 1788, John Reno went to Overton County (now Pickett County), Tennessee, on the Wolf River. He bought land in Tennessee and Kentucky. After 1804 he sold his land to his cousin John and moved to Moulton (Lawrence County), Alabama. He was in Madison County, Alabama, in 1809; had 160 acres on the Flint River.
John Reno passed away Jan. 23, 1848 and is buried along with his wife in Roberts Cemetery, Wren, Lawrence County, Alabama.
- Findagrave.com # 11416323 created by Sandra #50494591 created by Sue Reneau Damewood #101412621 created by Sue Lew
This biography is included in the E-Book First Families of Lawrence County, Alabama Volume I