In a cemetery near Paris, in France, a small lamp was at one time kept burning under an urn over a grave, and the following inscription was on the stone:
- Here lies Fournier (Pierre Victor),
- Inventor of ‘Everlasting Lamps,
- ‘ Which burn only one centime’s worth of oil in an hour.
- He Was A Good Father, Son, And Husband.
- His Inconsolable Widow Continues his business at No. 10 Rue aux Trois;
- Goods sent to all parts of the city. N. B.
- Do not mistake the opposite shop for this. S. V. P. R. I. P.