REFLECTIONS OF A BACHELOR
Transcribed From Our Mountain Home (Talladega, Alabama)
March 21, 1900
- Lots of women save all their classic music for other people and love their husbands in rag-time.
- The average man has an idea that being kind to his wife only means not being unkind to her.
- Every woman has two or three souvenirs that she has had so long she can’t remember who gave them to her.
- The main trouble with the world is that people are always old enough to guess before they are old enough to know.
- A woman’s idea in buying a trousseau is that it will last ’till she has made the man love her so he won’t care what she has on.