Do you live in a small town? Then you’ll probably agree with the following.
County seat of Hale County, Alabama summer 1937 by photographer Walker Evans (Library of Congress)
You live in a small town if:
- You can’t walk for exercise because every car that passes offers you a ride.
- You dial a wrong number and talk for 15 minutes anyway.
- The local paper devotes half of the front page to your wedding.
- Someone asks how you feel and listens to what you say because they really want to know.
- There are more people standing in front of the stores talking than there are inside shopping.