These epitaphs for wives reveal the state of the marriage
Here lies the body of James Robinson
Ruth, his wife;
Their warfare is accomplished.
This spot is the sweetest I’ve seen in my life,
For it raises the flowers and covers my wife.
Cynthy Ann is berried here
Be easy with her,
And, you won’t lose nothin’,
She was a plaguey good wife to me
She wouldn’t be druv
ALABAMA FOOTPRINTS Pioneers: Lost & Forgotten Stories (Volume 3) – continues the Alabama Footprints series with lost and forgotten stories of the earliest Alabama pioneers.
- The Yazoo land fraud;
- Daily life as an Alabama pioneer;
- The capture and arrest of Vice-president Aaron Burr
- The early life of William Barrett Travis, hero of the Alamo;
- Description of Native Americans of early Alabama including the visit by Tecumseh;
- Treaties and building the first roads in Alabama.