NAMES FROM MARRIAGE LICENSES AND SOME NAMES OF SCHOOL STUDENTS
FROM TIMES DAILY
DEC. 15, 1894
FLORENCE, LAUDERDALE COUNTY, ALABAMA
The following marriage licenses have been issued to Lauderdale couples by the Probate Judge, since December 1st. (1894)
- Mr. S. H. McMeans to Miss L. B. Butler
- Mr. A. L. Grisham to Miss S. B. Thornton
- Mr. O. T. Callahan to Miss B. M. Hostler
- Mr. Richard Risner to Miss Annie White
- Mr. John A. McConnell to Miss S. L. Ridgway
- Mr. Clarence Johnson to Miss Nora Ashby
- Mr. Jas. H. Ballentine to Miss Julia Ann Hardin
R. M. PATTON SCHOOL
Half-Holiday Pupils for November
Requirements: – No absence or tardiness and “excellence” in deportment.
- FIRST GRADE – Alonzo Lindsey
- SECOND GRADE – Turner Young, Brown Stewart, Effie Carter, Lowie Cooper, Annie Crow, Joe Malaspina, Stella Shoemaker, Beulah Shoemaker, Mattie Malaspina, Evie McCafferty
- THIRD GRADE – Andrew Cothran, Lizzie Ellis, Lunette Price, Esther Pinch, Pollie Pruitt, Bessie Reynolds, Alice White, Bertha White, Lucie Carter, Lola Reynolds, Almeda Fowler, Vada McCafferty, Alma Reynolds, Emma McPeters, Leroy Brewer, and Ernest Cooper.
- FOURTH GRADE – Effie Henley, Marion Wesson, Dora Lewis.
- FIFTH GRADE – Katie Kirby, May Belle Bibb, Bertha Mayer, Sallie Callahan, Janie Hughes, Roscoe Reynolds
- SIXTH GRADE – Maude Hudson, Alice Odom and Jessie Whipple
- SEVENTH GRADE – Jimmie Akers, Oril (?) Jacobs, Floy Jacobs, Tellie Lindsey, Daisy Boswell, Bertie West and Warrington Echard.
- EIGHTH GRADE – Nona Hill, Bertha Whipple, Jessie Odom and John Henley
H. C. GILBERT
HONOR ROLL R. M. PATTON SCHOOL
Requirements: – No unexcused absence or tardiness, ‘excellent’ in deportment, and excellent’ in scholarship.
- GRADE 1 – Eva Whitehouse, Fanny Whitlock, Frank Pogue, Lucian Smith
- GRADE 2 – Annie Crow and Louie Cooper
- GRADE 3 – Almeda Fowler, Lunette Price, Baxter Eastburn and Fred Hill.
- GRADE 4 – Effie Henley and Lester Norvell
- GRADE 5 – Marion Lemay, Frank Lemay and Bertha Mayer
NOTE BY TRANSCRIBER: Grade 6 not included in news article
- GRADE 7 – Louise McDill and Tellie Lindsey
- GRADE 8 – Bertha Whipple
- In Attendance –Grades 7 and 8 – Miss Claiborne, teacher 93.06 per cent.
- In Punctuality – Grade 1, Miss Milner, teacher, 99.87 percent. Only one tardy mark in an enrollment of 46
H. C. GILBERT
IN HYMEN’S BOWER
Cards are out announcing the approaching marriage of Mr. Henry Armistead Cherry and Miss Mattie McCluskey. The happy event will occur at 9:30 o’clock on Wednesday evening, January 2d, at the residence of the bride’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Jerre McCluskey, in Davis, Indian Territory. Mr. and Mrs. Cherry will be at home, in Florence, after January 15th. Mr. Cherry is the senior member of the firm of Messrs. Cherry & Stickle, of this city, and his intended bride is a daughter of a former well-known citizen of Florence. Many Florence friends will extend most hearty congratulations and good wishes.