Some thoughts about family history research…..
Photo of Genealogy Tree of Lee Family of Virginia and Maryland undocumented 1884 (Library of Congress)
- Can a first cousin once removed…RETURN?
- A pack rat is hard to live with, but makes a fine ancestor.
- Genealogy is tracing yourself back to better people.
- I think my ancestors had several “Bad Hair” days.
- That’s strange: half my ancestors are WOMEN!
- I researched my family tree…and apparently, I don’t exist.
Are you facing a brick wall in your family research? have you checked the following documents.
- BAPTISM, CHRISTENING, CONFIRMATION
- CEMETERY DEEDS
- FAMILY BIBLE CONTAINING VITAL RECORDS
- FUNERAL MEMORIAL CARDS
- CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
- CHURCH MINUTES
As a family historian, do you have friends and family ask you how to get started in family research? This is a hard question to answer in a few minutes. Refer them to WHERE DO I START? Hints and Tips for Beginning Genealogists with On-line resources to help them get started in this fun hobby. Makes a great gift!
See larger image