Capt. Jones was a great traveler and fond of telling large stories, some of which he verified by an oath. When he died, the following Epitaph was placed on his tombstone:
- Tread softly, mortals, o’er the bones
- Of the world’s wonder, Captain Jones!
- Who told his glorious deeds to many,
- But never was believed by any.
- Posterity, let this suffice:
- He swore all’s true, yet here he lies
Have you heard excessive brain labor causes baldness or the cure for wrinkles is a tepid bath in bran?
Do you want to know Thomas Jefferson’s recipe for Vinegar of the Four Thieves or how to make Ox Tail Soup?
Have you ever had ‘blueberry pickles’, ‘batallia pie’ or ‘snow birds’? You will learn all this and more in “Vinegar of the Four Thieves.”