From a cemetery near Cincinnati, Ohio:
- Here lies ——
- Who came to this city and died
- for the benefit of his health.
From Belturbet churchyard, Ireland:
- Here lies JOHN HIGLEY,
- whose mother and father were drowned
- in their passage from America.
- Had they both lived they would have been buried here.
Prior to statehood, Alabama was a vast wilderness with a large Native American population. It is only natural that when new immigrants from other states arrived, conflicts over the land would arise. Soon, these small conflicts exploded into war.
Alabama Footprints Confrontation is a collection of lost and forgotten stories that reveals why and how the confrontation between the Native American population and settlers developed into the Creek-Indian War as well as stories of the bravery and heroism of participants from both sides.
Some stores include:
- Tecumseh Causes Earthquake
- Terrified Settlers Abandon Farms
- Survivor Stories From Fort Mims Massacre
- Hillabee Massacre
- Threat of Starvation Men Turn To Mutiny
- Red Eagle After The War